Once you’ve completed the teeth whitening procedure at our Houston dental office, you’ll want to do everything you can to protect your bright white smile. In particular, you’ll want to avoid stain causing substances such as:
- wine, especially reds
- coffee or tea, particularly if it’s taken without cream/milk
- deeply colored foods such as berries and tomato based products
- foods with artificial sweeteners and hard surfaces such as candy
- drinks with acidic qualities such as soft drinks and sports drinks
- All forms of tobacco products such as cigarettes and chewing tobacco
Keep in mind that the aftereffects of teeth whitening are not permanent and can be negatively reversed without the proper upkeep. With that said, little to moderate of the items listed above, along with regular brushing and flossing, can keep your teeth looking their whitest.
If you feel less than satisfied with the whiteness of your smile, Galleria Dental can help. A member of our dental team will perform a thorough examination to determine if you’re a suitable candidate for laser teeth whitening treatment. Find out more when you contact us today!